Just over a week ago, I was totally taken by surprise when Lynna from How Lynnaful nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. To be honest I was speechless, honoured and overwhelmed. Thank you Lynna in believing in me.
Lynna is a cute, young fun-loving girl who loves life and food, especially desserts :-). She has an amazing sense of style and wears her clothes well. I love the naturalness of Lynna’s blog, so please stop over to How Lynnaful and say hi.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your post of the award.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
Seven facts about me:
Well, I have ten, sorry…
- I am petrified of heights, but would like to bungy jump from Bloukrans, in Tsitsikamma, to overcome my fear.
- I have never broken a bone in my body.
- I am scared of cockroaches to the point that I am pathetic. We generally have a few flying ones in the summer months here in Durban, South Africa. There is a cockroach spray you get to kill them, if I am on my own, I will stand on the nearest chair or table and will spray at length till I have drowned it. Fortunately we don’t get many, but that one or two annually is enough for me.
- I am living in the same house where I grew up as a child. Me and my family moved into my parents home when they passed away. As much as it is sad, and I miss them, I have beautiful memories.
- My Corioliss C2 Hair Straightener is the best investment I have made. I don’t use it everyday, but I love it.
- I don’t eat peas, and I have no idea why. I can’t even tell you how they taste. (I do eat snap peas though.)
- Black and white seem to dominate my clothes cupboard. I really need to incorporate more colour in my clothes !
- I am not photogenic at all, and hate my pic taken.
- I carry a photo of my mom and dad in my purse.
- Before I stopped drinking coffee, I used to drink coffee from a tea-cup.
Now, this was the hardest part of all. How on earth do I select 15 nominees from all my lovely followers. I have met so many amazing people in the blogging world since I started blogging, and all of their blogs are phenomenal. At first I was going to just going to nominate everyone, because everyone is just so deserving, and hoped that the award would be accepted by some. Then over the weekend I decided that I would nominate fifteen of the first blogs that I followed when I first started blogging, that way everyone can perhaps get to know new bloggers. Several of these amazing bloggers have their own cookbooks or are currently busy doing cookbooks, so with them being so busy I am not sure they will accept. Nevertheless, I would love for you to check our their amazing blogs.
Crazy For Crust (Dorothy) How Sweet Eats (Jessica) Feasting At Home (Sylvia) Life Love and Sugar (Lindsay) Hunters Healthy Kitchen (Hunter) The Food Charlton (Karen) Goan Imports (Nandini) Charlene Chic (Charlene) My Non-Toxic Life (Lauren) Drizzle and Drip (Sam) Simply Delicious (Alida) Half Baked Harvest (Tieghan) Eat Live Escape (ELE) Passion Cook (Alina) My Berkeley Bowl (Laura)
Once again Lynna, thank you for the nomination, it truly is appreciated and I feel so honoured.
To all my friends and readers out there, you all win this One Lovely Blog Award. You all have great blogs. You all are the best, and I thank you all for the support.